Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Hello 3rd trimester!

I  am: 27 weeks, which means...3rd trimester! We're in the home stretch. Only 13 more weeks, give or take, until we meet our baby girl. Hopefully not much longer that that.
 
Baby is the size of a(n): rutabaga. I'm not even sure I know what that is.
                         
I've gained: 13 pounds..which means I gained 6 pounds last month, oops. My doctor said she wasn't going to give me a hard time because before that I had only gained 8 total and 13 at 27 weeks wasn't bad, but 6 in one month..eeh. Her goal (and mine) is one pound per week.  Blame the Girl Scouts and their cookies.
 
Maternity Clothes: Yep! Mom took me shopping and got a bunch of stuff early on so that when it was time, I'd have them. We got mostly winter stuff so I've been looking around for spring and summer things, but there just isn't much that I love. There's stuff I like, but I don't want to spend a bunch of money on clothes I'll only wear for a few more months.

My mood: has still been pretty short tempered, but I'm feeling good today. I'm starting to get tired again.
 
Gender: baby GIRL!!! And it's official, her name will be Avery Laiken Gibbs.
 
Cravings: milk and sweets still
 
What I'm missing: working out lately. I've been really motivated in my head, but by the end of the day I'm exhausted. I haven't worked out since a few weeks after finding out I was pregnant; mostly because of the exhaustion in the first trimester and then I wasn't allowed to because of my stupid placenta. It sounds like a nice idea but working out for the first time in three months, 13 pounds heavier, doesn't seem easy...ugh. Maybe I'll look for some home DVDs or something, although I am still paying for a gym membership.

Highlights/ Exciting moments: We had an OB checkup Friday, everything was great. I don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing her sweet heartbeat.  I had to do my glucose test which was a complete suprise to me, but I passed. We have one more monthly appointment at the end of March, and then we go every two weeks. Which will basically be two times in April then it's every week in May. Holy moly, we're getting really close.
 
The nursery furniture is supposed to be here this week... we'll see. I'm ready for it to get here and get her room all set up! And in other decorating news, not baby related, I settled on and ordered the rug for my dining room!
 
We also took a childbirth class Saturday. Not sure if it was exciting, it was kinda scary actually. I'm all about being prepared and educated, but it was a little much at times. I know they tell  you everything that could possibly happen and most of it is worst case scenarios. I just hadn't even been thinking about the actual labor part of it and I don't want those anxious feelings on my mind.  The best part was getting to tour the labor and delivery unit. The hospital here has a brand new (well 2-3 years old) women and children's hospital so everything is brand new and really  nice. 
 
Complaints: Typical stuff I guess.. heartburn and getting a little uncomfortable when I'm in one position too long.  I've had a few calf cramps that have woken me up in the middle of the night and they hurt like hell.  I'm told they're normal, I just don't hope they don't become more frequent.
 
Wedding ring: Still on!
 
Here's the 3rd trimester bump. I feel like my face is starting to show my wieght gain.




1 comment:

Ashley said...

love her name...she has a GREAT monogram!!