Tuesday, March 19, 2013

29 weeks

I  am: 29 weeks... and feeling it.

Baby is the size of a(n): acorn squash. Is that the same as a regular squash?

I've gained: I haven't weighed this week, I'm over it. I feel good, Avery is healthy, that's all I care about. I have an appointment next Friday so I'll know then.

Maternity Clothes: Mostly. I still have a pair of skinny jeans I can wear if I rubber band the button and a few non maternity tops that are strechy enough.

My mood: still very impatient and tired.

Gender: baby GIRL, Avery Laiken Gibbs!

Cravings: dairy and water this week. I haven't really wanted too many sweets but I'm sure that'll come back.

What I'm missing: my body. The simplest things so difficult now.. changing the laundry from the washer to the dryer is so hard. And so is anything else that requires bending over.

Highlights/ Exciting moments: I had my family shower on Saturday. Avery got so many great gifts, and I even got a few pampering items for myself.  I forgot my camera that day so I'm hoping to get the pictures from mom soon. She's visiting this weekend which I'm pretty excited about too!

I got the call today that her furniture is ready to be picked up, but we won't be able to get it until tomorrow. Which is fine, because her room is in shambles. I've been trying to organize and just ended up making a bigger mess. I'm hoping to get that stuff done tonight so we can get the furniture tomorrow. Darrell will set it up Friday and mom and I will get everything put together Friday night!

And the best news of all, we had our follow-up growth ultrasound this past Friday. Avery is growing and looks great! She is up to about 2lb, 12oz. which is a huge growth from 1lb, 8oz. in four weeks (or at least it seems like it to me).  Everything else was measuring right on track. We even got to see her lungs "breathing" in and out.  Little miss was being stubborn and had her arm and hand over her face the entire time.  The ultrasound tech had me turn on my side, she just wasn't having it. She is still breech, but she still has some time to turn.  The only concern there is that she is sitting so low. She is basically between my hips with her legs going every which way she chooses.  Everyone talks about rib kicks, but I have no idea what those feel like. I have vagina kicks, and they don't feel good.

From what we could see, Avery still looks like her daddy, but has my long legs..

I am still so in love with her little mouth!


  ...and she is apparently ready for the papparazzi! The ultrasound tech typed 'Hi Mom & Dad' to be nice, but I'm pretty sure that's not what she is saying.  If you look closely, you can see behind her hand is her face and she is making quite the pouty face.
 
Complaints: Same as last week... I'm tired, I pee all the freaking time, and I still have heartburn. And even though I do always have something to complain about, I must say, pregnancy has been nice to me overall!

Wedding ring: Still on!

And here we are from this morning. This is one of those non-maternity shirts. Hmm, not too flattering, maybe I should just put these away...










No comments: