Tuesday, February 26, 2013

26

I  am: 26 weeks. I can't believe when I do this next week I'll be heading into my 3rd trimester. Where has the time gone?

Baby is the size of a(n): head of lettuce                             
I've gained: I think I've offically hit the double digits. I was up 10 pounds according to my home scale this morning. I go to the doctor Friday for the official count.
 
Maternity Clothes: Pretty much all the time; that or scrubs. I still have a few stretchy shirts I can wear, but not many. And by a few and not many, I mean one that I've tried.

My mood: this week has not been the best. I feel very short tempered and a my patience is seriously lacking.
 
Gender: baby GIRL!!! And I think we're set on Avery Laiken. We won't be doing any big name announcement just incase we change our minds when we see her (Darrell's thoughts, not mine). Neither one of us have other name options so I don't see this happening.
 
Cravings: milk and sweets
 
What I'm missing: my good spirits (seriously, I feel like such a grouch and it isn't like me) and comfort. My tailbone and hips are starting to hurt and I'm constantly readjusting, which is no easy task.

Highlights/ Exciting moments: Baby related, all of the movement. She's on the go constantly now. Non baby related, I got my dining room table!
 
Complaints: Heartburn still. I swear, it starts just thinking about eating. It's so annoying.
 
Wedding ring: Still on!
 
Side story... I am pretty active on a forum for other June mommies.  At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, but I'm really glad I stuck around. It's really great to have a place to ask questions, vent, or just talk about things that come in pregnancy and life. No one likes to talk babies like pregnant women. It's a really great group of girls and I'd say some of us have gotten to be pretty good friends. Internet friends, maybe, but still a great support group. 
 
Anywho, one of our June mommies (well I actually think her due date was moved up to May 30) had her baby Friday night at 26 weeks. She went in for a routine OB appointment and they found some complications and ended up delivering him via c-section that night.  He is doing incredibly well for the circumstances.  It just made me think how incredibly lucky I am to be carrying our daughter, despite the heartburn and back pain. It's all so trivial. I can't wait to meet my sweet girl, but I want her to stay in for much longer!
 
 
And here is the bump! She is really starting to show herself these days.


And for everyone who thinks I don't look pregnant, here is the bare belly proof. These won't happen often...


     

And one more exciting thing, I ordered a few things from Gymboree last week for Avery (that sounds so crazy calling her by a name). They were having a ridiculous sale, like $3-4 for everything. I died over these little baby shorts. I don't even know if a diaper will fit in them, but I had to have them.  The leggings were pretty cute too and they have these adorable tiny pockets on the back. There were a few more things, but these two were my favorite.  Those freaking shorts!!!
                                          

No comments: