Thursday, January 17, 2013

Nursery

This nursery deal has been super stressful. I had an idea in mind, Darrell had other ideas. Since when does he even care about sheets and stuff? But then it was kind of cute how into it he was for the baby :)  Darrell liked the more themey, baby-ish look and I was looking for something...totally opposite; clean, simple, slightly modern but not too much with a touch of vintage (I don't ask a lot!).  I was totally overwhelmed when we were registering the first day. We saw this and both (kinda) liked it so we put it on the registry.

But then we were at Target last night and Darrell says "what about this one?" It was perfect, exactly what I was looking for... simple, girly, not too "baby". The furniture will add in a little bit of that vintage feel.

I LOVELOVELOVE it (did I say that?) and I can't wait to get into the new house, get everything set up, and start decorating! I'm not 100% sure on paint yet, but it won't be pink.. it'll most likely be a light shade of either yellow, purple, or blue. We are still going to use some of the baby animal accessories that we bought when we decided on the original set.

               

We have this bird picture with a similiar butterfly that has more purple. We loved the four little squares that make a scene, but they were all beat up at the Hobby Lobby in Fayetteville, so we're on the hunt!


No comments: