Thursday, December 20, 2012

Tomorrow is the big day

We go for our anatomy scan bright and early in the morning! We won't be finding out at the ultrasound, instead we are doing a gender reveal cake tomorrow night with my family.  It will look something similiar to this. We aren't huge fans of fondant, so it will be buttercream and may look a little different, but hopefully just as cute!  The ultrasound isn't only for gender, it's a follow up from our 12 week NT scan. This time they will take an in depth, up close look at baby (we were told to expect a 45 minute ultrasound!!!). They'll count fingers and toes and take a very very close look at the spine, which of course is a big deal at this stage because of my history with spina bifida. I don't feel nervous like I did the first time, but it's definitely on my mind. I'll also do repeat bloodwork that will be compared with bloodwork at 12weeks. It will be ready next week and should give us a ratio for the chances for Down Syndrome and other genetic disorders. Hopefully we get the all clear that baby is healthy, which is the most important.


I also found this little gender prediction quiz. 


1. Do you crave the heals of bread or the middle? both? I love carbs so I'll take any bread I can get! (heals=boy, middle= girl)
2. Hands Chapped/Dry or Softer? dry! (boy)
3. Eating more or sick/nauseated? I was very sick until about 11 weeks, but even now I'm eating less. (girl)
4. Can people tell you are pregnant from the back?  Or are you pregnant all over?  Nope, not yet. Only from the front. (boy)
5. Do you crave sweet foods or sour/salty foods? sweets (girl)
6. Is the heartbeat high or low: high (girl)
7. Which side do you lay on when resting: My right. I'm trying to lay on my left because I've read that's what's best, but I always end up on my right side. (girl)
8. Show me your hands. Palms up (girl)
9. Has the husband put on weight during the pregnancy? A little I think. (girl)
10.Consider the Mother’s age at conception and the year or conception. Both odd. (girl)

My gut says girl and has this whole time, but who knows!! ooh, wait, we will tomorrow!!

No comments: