Wednesday, May 8, 2013

36


I  am: 36 weeks, we're in the final four weeks!

Baby is the size of a(n): honeydew

I've gained: 24 pounds according to the dr. scale, 22 according to mine, so I'll average and say 23 :)

Maternity Clothes: Yep!
 
My mood: I'm in a much better mood this week. I am so excited and so ready to meet my baby girl! I was a ball of nerves last week, but this week I'm just ready to have her here with me.
 
I do get pretty uncomfortable and grouchy most days. My hands are getting tingly, I have to pee every 5 minutes (and not a whole pee, just a few trickles, then the same thing all day long) and it's like an act of congress to get myself up.

Gender: baby GIRL, Avery Laiken Gibbs!

Cravings: Sweets, specifically ice cream and Nutella.
 
What I'm missing: sleeping in the bed with my husband. He's been sick and has had a fever so we figured it would be better for us to sleep separate and I'm over it! Hopefully one more night and it'll be ok. Although, having the whole bad isn't awful.
 
Highlights/ Exciting moments: I had my 36 week appointment this week. I'm 70% effaced and 1 cm dilated.. which is exciting but not at the same time because I could stay 1cm for weeks.  My blood pressure was also high. Not too high, but since mine is usually borderline low, it was signficantly high for me.  The dr. said we won't worry about it for now, but keep an eye on it. Ugh. I'm also still mildly anemic, despite a daily iron supplement. Ugh again. 

The hospital bag is (almost) packed. Once I fold the rest of the laundry, it will be completely packed! Avery's stuff (2 blankets and 2 outfit choices for coming home) is in there at least.  I got the car seat installed and inspected and I went to a pediatrician open house tonight so that's two more things off the list. "The list" is slowly dwindling away!!

Here I am this morning at 36 weeks, front and side view! She has dropped!! PS: why is this picture so grainy?

Here is another black dress comparison..28, 32, and 36 weeks. We'll see if we make it to 40, but I wouldn't hate it if we didn't.



No comments: