Tuesday, May 14, 2013

(Full?) term!!


I  am: 37 weeks, we made it to (full) term! Some people say full term is now, some people say you're just term and full term isn't until 40 weeks. Who cares?! If she were born today, she'd be ready! 

Baby is the size of a(n): wintermelon. What's that?

I've gained: 26 pounds according to the doctor's scale. My home scale is a little kinder.

Maternity Clothes: Yep!
 
My mood: I'm back and forth. I'm not in a bad mood, I'm just very tired from lack of sleep and still get grouchy when I'm uncomfortable. I definitely have a full on waddle these days which is annoying.

Gender: baby GIRL, Avery Laiken Gibbs!

Cravings: I've really been wanting OJ, but it gives me such bad heartburn. 
 
What I'm missing: good sleep and doing every day things with ease. 
 
Highlights/ Exciting moments: I had my 37 week appointment today. He said I've made progress and that I'm 70% effaced, 1 cm dilated and that she has dropped even more. I was slightly confused because other than her dropping, that doesn't seem like much progress because I was 70% and 1cm last week. He said last week I was more "fingertip" which isn't quite 1cm.  Today I'm a "good solid 1cm" and am close to a 2, but not quite there yet.  As he was walking out of the door, he said "see ya next week, if I don't see you in labor and delivery before then". UM, what?!? Way to screw with me dr!! Oh and my BP was down so no worries there!
 
I'm measuring right on track, but he wants to do another ultrasound next week to check her growth because of the marginal cord insertion.  I was instantly excited to see her again, but throughout the day I've gotten more and more nervous. If it looks like her growth has slowed or stopped, I'm scared they'll want to take her immediately. I know she'd be fine and it would be the best for her, but I keep having mixed emotions about her actually being here. Not because I don't want her here, but because it feels so surreal.  I feel like I've been waiting forever and now the time is here.
 
Here I am today at 37 weeks. She has definitely dropped!

No comments: