Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Due date is here!

I  am: 40 weeks, our due date is here, but our baby isn't...yet!!

Baby is the size of a(n): jackfruit and I have no idea what that is.

I've gained: 27 pounds. I'm happy with that!

Maternity Clothes: Yep!

My mood: READY READY READY!

 
Gender: baby GIRL, Avery Laiken Gibbs!

Cravings: Not much. I'm actually not really hungry and am having to force myself to eat. I guess I'm running out of room.

What I'm missing: overall comfort, but it's almost over!

Highlights/ Exciting moments: I've been having lots and lots of contractions all weekend and they finally became consistent last night. Mom and I walked all over the mall yesterday and around 830 contractions started and were coming every 7-10 minutes, but weren't unbearable.  By midnight, they were 5-6 and a little more uncomfortable. The plan is to go to the hospital when they are 3-5 minutes for two hours and are difficult to walk and talk through.  I decided to go to bed around then and try to get some sleep since I had an appointment this morning. I slept on and off and woke up a few times with strong, painful contractions. It made me want to spring out of bed, but that doesn't come easy these days.

At my 40 week appointment this morning, I was 3cm and 90% effaced..woohoo!! and still contracting! I was really hoping he'd say "you're 5 cm and in labor" but that didn't happen :(  He did however say that I am very favorable for a spontaneous labor at any time (fingers crossed) but we did set up an induction for either next Monday or Tuesday (the hospital will call to let us know when we need to be there). I do not want to be pregnant for another week so I'm coaxing this little girl out!

I am really hoping to avoid an induction, especially pitocin..horror stories, ya know? BUT, my dr said that IF it were him working next week he would just break my water when  I got there to see if that got labor going on it's own. He advised me to request that if I didn't want pitocin to start with. So that's the plan for now! I may still have to get the medical induction if breaking my water doesn't get things going on it's own, but at least we'll get to try first.

So now we wait...and walk, and bounce, and eat spicy food, and wait...


And here we are today, our last (hopefully) black dress picture! If we do make it until next Tuesday, I'll do another one!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yay for due dates! Do you think you can ask for a very low dose of pitocin (if it comes to that)? That's what my OB told me she prefers to do, especially once someone is dilated at least 3, which you are!

I'm crossing my fingers and toes that Avery makes her appearance w/o any coaxing (beyond walking and loving, of course!).