Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Eight.

Sweet pea is eight months. That's only one away from nine months which seems like such a big deal. 


Health: Avery is so much better!! She got tubes on Januray 10 and has been a totally different baby. I thought she was happy before..but now, she's just so much fun. She hasn't had any more ear infections and when she does get congested, it drains and moves on. It's not days of being miserable. I was so nervous but it was definitely the best choice. 



I think she's about 15-16 pounds. I don't know, she feels heavy and we moved up to size 3 diapers. She doesn't go back to the doctor until next month.

Personality: That picture up top says it all. Avery is so much fun. It just gets better and better. She giggles and squeals so much. She is silly and joyful and brings so much happiness into our house. I do have to admit that she's a bit spoiled. She's already protesting. If we take things away from her, ya know like plastic bags, she plops down and cries and looks up at us. She's so pitiful. 




Eating: Everything. She is still getting mostly homemade purées for meals but she also gets some table food. I don't think we've come across anything she doesn't like but her favorite right now is blueberry applesauce. Darrell and I kinda love it too! 



Sleeping: Some serious regression. Well, I'm a drama queen, it's not that bad. She's started waking up once a night again. I know, don't hit me but when you've been getting a full nights sleep since your baby was 10 weeks old, starting this new routine is rough. She didn't wake up last night but I'm not holding my breath, this has been going on for over a month. The good thing is, most nights it's a quick bottle and right back to bed within 10-15 minutes. The extra sucky nights are when she wakes up and is ready to party.

Her favorites: Avery is finally big enough for the harness on the stroller to fit so we've been going for walks and she loves sitting up in her stroller. She looks all around and kicks her feet like crazy. It's presh. She loves Sophie, Olivia the Owl, the bathtub, riding in the shopping cart and her activity table. 




Things she could do without: All of the sudden, she hates getting her diaper changed and getting dressed. She just wants to go everywhere! 

Milestones: This really is such a fun time. Tooth number two is breaking through, which isn't super fun. She is crawling everywhere and is pretty fast. She's pulling up, babbling and puts everything she shouldn't in her mouth. She's also holding her own bottle now and will sit in her chair to take it which means we get other stuff done. That's huge! 



I also think she loves me more than Darrell for the first time ever and that's a huge milestone for me!! 

Big Events: Avery saw her first ice storm last week. It was...uneventful. 


Mommy: I've finally started to lose weight. It's slow but it's coming. Work is going well and we're getting into a good afternoon/evening routine which makes things a lot less stressful. 

I'm doing this one mobile so all apologies if it's all screwy. 

No comments: