Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Adios 2013

2013 has been one amazing year for myself and my family. We have had so many blessing bestowed upon us, more than we deserve.

The year didn't start out on a high note. A long time friend of mine passed away at the end of 2012. We had been out of contact for quite some time but it seemed like a friendship may be possible again. Unfortunately, that opportunity was cut short on December 29. I said a lot that I needed to say and heard a lot that I needed to hear before that day, so that helped. Still, the unexpected death was not easy on me.

And speaking of friends, boy did 2013 bring me a new group of friends that I am grateful for beyond words. Early in my pregnancy I joined an online forum for expectant June 2013 mothers. I quickly became regularly active and before long, a few of us (well like 40ish) branched off and have made very meaningful and special friendships. I've never been one to believe in online relationships, but I stand corrected. This group of girls has been so amazingly supportive. They have listened to me complain, question and even brag without judgement. They have opened my eyes to a wealth of new information. You bishes know who you are and I love you all! 

We welcomed 2013 by closing on our first home. I was about 5 months pregnant. Darrell is a saint y'all. It's pretty gratifying to know that we worked hard, saved money and were able to purchase our own home (well, we share it with the bank still) for our growing family. 


And the most important thing of all in 2013, the most important thing of ever, we became parents, a family of 3.


I became a mother. 



Avery Laiken Gibbs was born at 11:29pm on June 4. She came in to this world in a whirlwind and has not stopped amazing us. The amount of love I have for this tiny being is unreal. Sometimes I just sit holding her, staring at her, inhaling her sweet baby smells. It is already going by so fast and as much as I love watching her grow and develop, I want to keep her my baby as long as I can. 


Some other highlights of the year include a new job, my best friend getting engaged, and a fantastic reunion with my life long friends in Knoxville to celebrate the marriage of one of Elizabeth. Darrell and I were lucky enough  to be in Greenville with Erin and Chris and a ton of friends and family to celebrate their engagement. I am so excited for the celebrations to come next year.



And speaking of 2014, there are lots of new babies expected to arrive that I can't wait to meet! As amazing as this year has been, I imagine 2014 has some pretty great things in store for us. My only resolution this year is to be the best mom, wife and me I can be. Hopefully just a skinnier version! 

A vacation would be nice too. 

Happy New Year!

No comments: